Sunday Clubs & Pathfinders
On about 6 Sundays in each half-term our children and young people leave part-way through the morning service to go to their own groups with a dedicated team of leaders.
Explorers: Reception to year 4
Junior Pathfinders: Year 5 to year 8
Pathfinders: Year 8 to year 13
Sunday Club Mission Statement:
We work with children and young people in a way that is relevant to them so that they have an opportunity to experience God’s love for themselves.
We do this by:
- Enabling children and young people to become active and visible in the wider church life
- Providing a safe, friendly environment
- Giving children and young people the vocabulary and opportunity to explore and express their spirituality
- Encouraging them to think for themselves
- Helping them to know what it means to follow Jesus
- Developing their spiritual confidence
- Encouraging an attitude of life-long learning
- Providing imaginative, creative, reflective and challenging activities
- Sharing the love of God
- Responding appropriately
- Not assuming knowledge of faith or agreement with it.